4 Seasons in one day.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duckyfromoz, Dec 2, 2010.

1. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Here in Austraila it is often said that Melbourne is a city that can experience weather conditions of the 4 seasons all in one day. Well today was one of those days. It didnt seem to worry the ducks at all!! I got up to find a thick blanket of fog so deep I was worried about the drive to work - only seeing a few car lengths in front at times. It was overcast until mid morning when it rained some nice soft summer rain. Lunch time was so warm I started to think I should have gone home to check everyone still had enough clean cool water...but after all the rain I knew it wasnt necessary Mid afternoon a huge storm hit and the temperature dropped very fast. I was fairly concerned about the ducks at home and if they would be seeking cover- or would they be demolishing the back yard by making puddles everywhere. My yard has often flooded in rain as heavy as today- and with it being one of the wettest November in many years- the ground was already soggy from the last few downpours.

I wish I had of been able to get photos of the fog and the rain...but by the time I got home from work all I could photograph was the ducks enjoying the puddles...and then a few hours of a lovely evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK.... So no snow - But I will leave that to all of you heading into winter.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    they are all so beautiful! [​IMG]

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Thank you!! I love Runners- the way they look in a larger flock all walking- or running... is simply gorgoeus. The fellow eagerly looking through the fence at the pool of water on my concrete path was so cute trying to swim in the smaller pool on his side of the fence.

4. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    n.w.FLORIDA
    I never tire of seeing your beautiful runners great pics, The " herd " looks fine as wine and 10 times stronger [​IMG]

5. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    runners remind me of amy dudes in stance they are so cool

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Looks like weather made for ducks.

I just realized that you're in Melbourne. A long time ago, my dad lived in Geelong for a while. I think he said it rained a lot there, overall.

7. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

they r waaa Kool~~ Lucky U !!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by