4 Sebastopol Eggs out of 6 have pipped! Anyone interested in walking i

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WNCUrbanAgrarian, Apr 9, 2009.

1. WNCUrbanAgrarian

WNCUrbanAgrarian Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Would anyone be interested in walking me through this? I read on here, that it can take 2 - 2 1/2 days to hatch. Is this correct? Then I leave them in the bator until they are dry, right? So, assuming they have enough food from the yolk for about 48 hours? Is that right? Then starter & water? What else should I know? OMGosh, I am beside myself!!!

Thank you in advance!

Jody

The Wanna Be Farmer

2. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I can't help you but wanted to say congrads on getting them that far!!! I have 4 out of 5 sebbie due to hatch Sat or Sunday. I will be watching your post for help as well.
    Sly

3. WNCUrbanAgrarian

Feb 28, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Oh Good! We'll be in this together! My first hatch! My poor female is so determined, that she looks battered! Yet... she won't go broody! I don't get that! Did yours lay about every other day? I have another 9 in another bator and I added two more to the bater these are in last night.

Good Luck with your hatch!

4. slyfoxpeeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    You are so LUCKY that you have breeders! I ordered my eggs off eggbid. I haven't seen a pic of parents but I was very impressed with how well they have been doing. [​IMG] I hope someone answers your question so I'll know as well. When I candle last night I could see them moving more in the air cell, they haven't piped yet but they look close....

5. WNCUrbanAgrarian

Feb 28, 2009
    Western North Carolina
  6. slyfoxpeeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    CONGRATS!!!!! [​IMG]

7. WNCUrbanAgrarian

Feb 28, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Thank you SlyFox!!! The second hatched at 3:30 a.m. and a third at 5:30. Yes, I was still up!! The fourth however, that was laid previous to all of the other 3, has a big hole that it pecked, but then I think it turned itseld around, because I can see a knee through that hole -- which is on a side, but up at the air sack. So, I am wondering if it will not be able to get out now. Any advice? I'll get images on the Seb site later today, when I feel awake again! What a journey!

8. slyfoxpeeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    I so wish I had some advise, MissPrissy needs to see this one! But please keep us posted and maybe someone with the knowlegde will help!
    Sly

9. WNCUrbanAgrarian

Feb 28, 2009
    Western North Carolina
  10. slyfoxpeeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    Love the pics!!! The last one is just to cute. Mine haven't started yet hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.
    Maybe your little guy is just resting for awhile?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by