4 Test E-G-G-S Crevecoeur WA State

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

This a PRE SALE! I have a few in the bator already--but not long enough to candle them, yet...so I thought I'd share the wealth! My one & only hen has been laying almost every other day...so it may take a few days to gather them up--and I don't want to jeopardize fertility by holding them too long, so I'm only going to offer 4 at this time.

I am asking $15 shipped and will consider trades for SQ Bantam Faverolles or chocolate muscovies.

Thanks!

~Heather~

Oh and just post "sold" on the thread...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

nevermind, buyer changed their mind! Still available!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
  3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

OHHHHHHH I wish I had room! My Crev's haven't been laying [​IMG]

4. Rare Feathers Farm

You always have room for just a few more! You have Creve's too? How old are they?

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:They are almost a year. She has laid maybe a few that i know of for sure, one died shortly after hatching and I have two babies in the brooder- that's it [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not the best pics, but all I've got at the moment, [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:They are almost a year. She has laid maybe a few that i know of for sure, one died shortly after hatching and I have two babies in the brooder- that's it [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/7205_dsci0020.jpg
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/7205_dsci0068.jpg

not the best pics, but all I've got at the moment, [​IMG]

I’ve heard they are rare not because of egg laying infrequency but because of low fertility rates & high chick mortality. Sighs. Your roo looks like he has a crooked “horn?” [​IMG] How is his temperament? Mine is curious but very standoffish. The hen is more friendly but doesn’t like to be petted or anything…

7. Rare Feathers Farm

I doubt I'll be selling too many of these this year, simply because I need to beef up my numbers and I wanted to get a few pullets from McMurray but I can't find anyone to split an order with...or that wants like 22 birds, LOL So since all of the other hatcheries only sell STRUN chicks, I might as well hatch out eggs....

8. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Are they bantam or standard size? They are beautiful & I keep looking over them & sultans. [​IMG]

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Oops, sorry--they are standards.

I looked forever for banties but couldn't find any...I did just get some bantam houdans, though! [​IMG] I have had Sultans and they did not survive the weather...and they didn't lay as well as this hen seems to be...the sultans I used to have were bantams...I loved them dearly...but they couldn't be let out to range, they had to be "bubble wrapped" all the time! LOL

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I’ve heard they are rare not because of egg laying infrequency but because of low fertility rates & high chick mortality. Sighs. Your roo looks like he has a crooked “horn?” big_smile How is his temperament? Mine is curious but very standoffish. The hen is more friendly but doesn’t like to be petted or anything…

He is curious and will come over to investigate, as well as the hen, but not as friendly as my Sultans or Polish. I had a very friendly Crev Roo but I lost him before he turned 5 months for some unknown reason. I really liked him, he was my buddy. His "horn does point forward some, not sure if it was always that way or because of fights through the wire.... I wish the hen layed as well as my Sultans, they lay pretty well. Here in Fl I can let them lose and I have some roos that are just yard birds. I just put a few blue polish hens in with my Crev and his hen, just to see what comes out- hehe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by