4 week & 1 day old Houdan.. Gender??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Nikkumz, May 14, 2011.

1. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone have any guesses? 'I finally got good pics of "Mo"

2. sadies chicks

sadies chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    I am no expert by any means but I see roo. He looks similar to my roo, he is 10 weeks. But then I could be totally wrong... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    AWWW!!! he is so stinkin cute!!
    Very pretty feathering! Mine is mottled houdan so i dont think he/SHE will look like that, probably more white:(
    Quote:

4. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    anyone else?

5. sadies chicks

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    Quote:
    Thanks, he is pretty neat looking. Got him from a pet store with no clue as to what he was, so neat surprise, but now we need to get rid of him cause of the "no roo" rule we have [​IMG]

6. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    OMg, seriously!!! I would totally take him, if you didnt live so far!! I guess portland isnt that far from me, but i dont wanna drive 3 or 4 hours for a chicken LOL....Too bad hes a bit old to ship [​IMG]

7. sadies chicks

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    Quote:I hear ya! we will do a LOT for our chickens but we all have our limits [​IMG] Hopefully my DFIL can take him [​IMG]

8. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:I hear ya! we will do a LOT for our chickens but we all have our limits [​IMG] Hopefully my DFIL can take him [​IMG]

in case they can't take him theres this sanctuary that will. http://www.outtopasturesanctuary.org/
    it's
    run by vegan farmers and they take in a bunch of animals that owners have to give up, including roosters. they have a place in portland that you can drive your roos to and from there they will have a volunteer bring them to the farm. hope this helps!

9. sadies chicks

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    mother o' chicks72 :

in case they can't take him theres this sanctuary that will. http://www.outtopasturesanctuary.org/
    it's
    run by vegan farmers and they take in a bunch of animals that owners have to give up, including roosters. they have a place in portland that you can drive your roos to and from there they will have a volunteer bring them to the farm. hope this helps!​

Oh my gosh, yes! Thank you for the info! I am half hoping my DFIL doesn't take him since his idea of caring for birds and my idea differ greatly [​IMG] I will check out the link. Thanks again!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:in case they can't take him theres this sanctuary that will. http://www.outtopasturesanctuary.org/
    it's
    run by vegan farmers and they take in a bunch of animals that owners have to give up, including roosters. they have a place in portland that you can drive your roos to and from there they will have a volunteer bring them to the farm. hope this helps!

Oh my gosh, yes! Thank you for the info! I am half hoping my DFIL doesn't take him since his idea of caring for birds and my idea differ greatly [​IMG] I will check out the link. Thanks again!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

yeah no problem. i live in portland too and i think i have a few suspiciously roo-like ladies who will probably have to go there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by