4 week chicks, feathering out, what've I got?? (img heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TeaKettleK, Nov 1, 2009.

1. TeaKettleK

TeaKettleK Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    Ohio
    OK. [​IMG] First time we took them outside was apparently the first time we'd picked them up and moved them one-by-one. We don't have 25 chicks. We have 26. LOL I'd love any and all opinions on breed and gender! I'm fairly clueless, though I do mean well. TBH, I'm pretty shocked that we haven't lost ANY. That sounds worse than I thought it would. [​IMG]

SO- my bunch:
    I've got 5 BOs, I'm pretty sure. (not pictured)
    These 6, RIR? -pic 1-
    [​IMG]
    This one is much lighter than those 6, is it just a lighter color? -pic 2-
    [​IMG]
    This one is much lighter still, though quite different than the BOs. -pic 3-
    [​IMG]

These 7 look very similar-- -pic 4-
    [​IMG]
    except that 3 are brown breasted (Welsummer?) and 4 are white breasted (Sussex?), -pic 5-
    [​IMG]

The one in back is 1 of 3 Barred Rock. One of the 5 BOs is next, then 2 of the 3 Black austrolorp. Look right to you? -pic 6-
    [​IMG]
    These 3 are the Barred Rock, I think. I've never identified rose/straight comb before. Any guesses about gender? -pic 7-
    [​IMG]

Thank you so much!! [​IMG]

2. TeaKettleK

TeaKettleK Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Should the subject be 4-week chicks? [​IMG]

3. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I was trying to post a reply on here last night and it was messing up and didn't go through.... I was trying to say:

1st light red one, maybe New Hampshire?? And it looks kinda rooish with the comb....

2nd lighter one, dunno... [​IMG]

On the browns, the white breasted may be speckled sussex, yeah....are their legs white?

The dark breasted ones could also be brown leghorns. ...are they all supposed to be brown egg layers though or anything?

I agree on the next pic.

And then the last pic of the BRs, the one at the top looks like it could be roosterish, with the comb a bit bigger than the others. Sometimes a little hard to tell at this age though.

That's my opinions.

4. TDB

TDB Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2009
    The ones in the first picture look like Rhode Island Reds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by