Crowing
10 Years
Jun 10, 2013
Michigan

Pablo: SL EE- no spot so pullet...

Nugget: SL EE- no spot, so pullet??

Americium: Ameri-flower- rooster?

Cena: SBEL/brabanter??- pullet?

I know they are a little young but they are leaving today...

What are the breeds of parent birds? I have problems with abbreviations......

They are all 'designer' breed things from My Pet Chicken. The first two are Caroline Blue Sex-Link EEs..

The second one, it's a hybrid Swedish Flower Hen.

The third should of been a "Super Blue Egg Layer", but those are usually white.. So maybe one of MPCs Brabanter(?) crosses??

Here is their designer breeds.. http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog...tching-Eggs-MPC-Designer-Exclusive-p1899.aspx

The head spot is present at hatch, but goes away as the birds feather in. As they feather, you should be looking for barring vs solid.

I agree the first bird looks female, but that second bird's comb looks classic male. Can we get a pic of that bird in profile?

Third bird looks male.

fourth bird isn't screaming cockerel, but without knowing the parents it's hard to say. Most of the crosses are sex links, so the bird should be male, but they do have some barred options also.

The head spot is present at hatch, but goes away as the birds feather in. As they feather, you should be looking for barring vs solid.

I agree the first bird looks female, but that second bird's comb looks classic male. Can we get a pic of that bird in profile?

Third bird looks male.

fourth bird isn't screaming cockerel, but without knowing the parents it's hard to say. Most of the crosses are sex links, so the bird should be male, but they do have some barred options also.

Sorry, as a chick they had no head spots..

I will have to post a picture of that one.

Thank you! :)

Well, by coloring and their description, it should be female. But that comb is all male, sorry. somehow your order or labeling got mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom