4 week old chicks is it OK to let them eat worms?? Worm Fight :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cackling Hen, May 15, 2009.

1. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Hubby come into house witn handful of worms. He goes to coop and lets the chick have them Should have seen them LOL [​IMG] Worm fight. It is ok right? If they were with Momma hen we figured they wolud eat them with her. They have grit so OK??? YES-NO [​IMG]

2. rachaelc

rachaelc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Newberg
    I think it is personally fine at this age. Chicken rugby! Its a hoot for sure. I hear crickets are fine too . Some of my chix are a little slow when the worm comes in but my blue andalusians(hooligans) don't waste a second! They are so much fun at this age. Good luck
    Rachael C- mother of all

3. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Ok good didnt want to make them sick or sour crop or stuck in there throat [​IMG]

4. OCChicken

OCChicken Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Sure hope so my 4 week olds have been eating them for a week and a half, they love them.

5. Phox01

Phox01 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    Straughn , Indiana
    Been giving my multi aged chicks 2-6 weeks , worms the last few days. Don't know if they like them more than I like wtching the keystone cop antics !It' got me going worm hunting crazy just to watch them.

6. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Mine had meal worms at 1.5 weeks of age and now are obsessed with meal worms!!!

7. Sactown Chickens

Sactown Chickens Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    I've been feeding my 4 week olds meal worms for two weeks as treats and they go crazy for them. Hubby found a couple of earthworms last weekend digging the foundation for the coop and gave them two the girls. It was chicken heaven!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by