4 Week Old Chicks Outside ***Video***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mak, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Until today, I've been taking them out just a couple at a time, since we don't have the enclosed run finished yet. Today, I used a length of leftover hardware cloth and made them a temporary run, and let them all out in that. Here's some video of them out there:

They love it out there so much!

2. CompostQueen

CompostQueen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2010
    Awww sweet.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] I forget sometimes about the "gangly" phase they go through. Your chicks are very cute! What is that one tiny little thing? Coloring wise I thought barred rock, but it was so tiny...

4. Mak

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Quote:The dark ones are Dominiques. The little one is Smidge. She was the smallest chick of the whole bunch and got off to a bit of a rocky start. I had to put her in her own brooder box for a few days and hand feed her, but she's now just as active and feisty as the rest. Just smaller. But she doesn't take much guff from any of the bigger chicks! [​IMG]7

5. Coreyboy18

Coreyboy18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Mak, do you have any close-up pictures of your babies? I wanted to see what their combs and faces looked like. I have a few that are a little over two weeks and want to see if any differences. I suspect one is a rooster.

6. lisebarb

lisebarb Chillin' With My Peeps

Very sweet!

7. Mak

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Corey-

I will look to see if I have any close ups of the Doms. Will post later tonight if I do. If not, I will try to get a couple tomorrow.

8. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

They just have more fun outside don't they! Your chicks are such cuties. Thanks for sharing.

9. CindyG

CindyG Chillin' With My Peeps

What kind are the ones with the rust feathers on their necks and the white bottoms? I have two who look much the same that I got from a school hatching and have no idea what they are.

10. Mak

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Quote:Those are red sex links. There are four of those, four Dominiques, and 2 white crested Polish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by