4 week Old Easter Eggers - Guesses on Genders? *PIC HEAVY!*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aoxa, Apr 2, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

My chicks turned 4 weeks on Saturday. Any guesses as to genders? #1 [​IMG] I think girl so far. #2 [​IMG] I think boy. #3 [​IMG] I think girl #4 [​IMG] I am not sure about either white one.. #5 [​IMG] They both look the same. The combs are very light and not pronounced. I am hoping girls!! My Houdans #1 [​IMG] I think boy - He acts it as well. His crest is swept back where the other two sticks straight up. #2 & 3 [​IMG] I don't have great pictures of them up close this week - they look very similar and act pullet-like to me... The Mixes #1 [​IMG] I am sooo hoping girl. She is my favourite. Very friendly/petit and adorable :love - She is a week older - so she is 5 weeks old. #2 [​IMG] Boy? - Pictures just for fun: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Foster daddy protecting baby from mean polish lol. My rooster keeps kicking any aggressive hens out of the barn when they threaten the babies. I think it's adorable. He stands guard and crows. [​IMG] Mommy - :love [​IMG] [​IMG] Having a broody really helps integrate the chicks! Very few pecks have been exchanged, though mom got into a full fledged fight with my production red :p

2. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    I think you are right on the EE chicks - the second is definitely a boy in his patchwork clothing, but the others *could* sneak on you. 1 & 3 look pretty girly but those legs are SO huge!!! No idea on the whites or others.

3. aoxa

All my EEs seem to have really fat legs, even though I'm sure the first and third one are girls. They just act pullet-ish. The boy is so obviously a boy. He starts fights with my supposedly male houdan, he flies like crazy, he's the first to jump in my hand (I've heard cockerels start out friendlier), he's slow to feather, and he warns the rest of danger. The two other brown EEs are very skittish and shy. Hopefully they are girls with canckles :gig

4. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    cankles!! LOL!!

5. aoxa

Hehee :p

They sure are hefty! Mom feeds them a lot, so they are always stuffed to the brim. Time for weight watchers! :gig

Are yours getting crazy? Have you gave them outdoor time yet? They are finally too big to squeeze through the holes of my chain link fence, at least easily. They could if they tried really hard. Someone is always around in case that happens :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by