1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

4 week old FBCM cockerel - sweet and perty!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Suburban Sprouts, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Suburban Sprouts

Suburban Sprouts Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I have a very sweet 4 week old FBCM cockerel that I won't be able to keep in my neighborhood.

This chick is the sweetest of my hatch... very friendly and doesn't mind being held. He was hatched from eggs from Wynette on BYC. Here is what she said about her maran stock:

"Marans are French Black Copper, bred to standard. I have very heavily culled this spring and have kept only those that show no mossiness, and are to the proposed SOP. My flock rooster is pure Davis, over a pure Davis hens and pure W. Jeane hens (these hens were purchased from a breeder who got their stock directly from Wade BEFORE he dispersed his flocks and they became...um....well....let's just say not to standard)."

I live in St. Louis, but I'm willing to drive within several hours in order to ensure this sweet boy goes to a home that appreciates him.
    AND... If anyone has a FBCM hen that lays 7-9 dark brown eggs at the beginning of laying season, I'm looking for one!!

Thanks!

Laura

2. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    I've got three little BCM roos already or else I'd take him. Mine are also Jeane lines but are bred to standard. Gorgeous birds.

3. Suburban Sprouts

Suburban Sprouts Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Yes, I think I have found a home for this little boy... Do you have any FBCM pullets available for sale by chance? Unfortunately, this was my only FBCM egg to hatch so I'm a bit disappointed I won't be getting those 7-9 eggs!

*Laura

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by