4 week old ("female"?) EE chick crowing...

florachick_

In the Brooder
May 17, 2017
WI
Hello!

So I was sitting by my chicks' brooder this evening and out of the blue, Flora started crowing! Is this normal behavior for pullets? I know that hens may take on the roll of being the roo for the flock, but as early as four weeks?! This is my first time raising my own chickens...

I've attached a couple of pictures. Phoebe is the lightest chick, Rosa is the "medium" colored chick, and Flora is the darkest chick in question. Of course these were sold as "Ameraucanas" but I'm pretty sure they're EE's because of their coloring. Any suggestions are welcome... thank you!

IMG_6197.JPG
IMG_6199.JPG
IMG_6201.JPG
IMG_6202.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG

it's a shrill noise... not sure what noises chicks are capable of besides peeping and what they mean.

Hello everyone! So my chickens are about 8-10 weeks old now and I have some pictures. Two have very red combs, one has patchy feathering, one makes an odd "crowing" noise and has upturned tail feathers. My suspicions have not ceased... does anyone have any insight? These should be hens, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have at least one roo. Thanks!

unnamed.jpg
unnamed1.jpg
unnamed2.jpg
unnamed3.jpg

I have a 6 week old ee that has been crowing a cute little trial scooby dooby doo sound.The first time I heard him it shocked me.He was almost 5 weeks
I guess Im disapointed..KINDA ... though what should I expect buying strait run.Cross my fingers the other one is female.50 /50 chance!

Back
Top Bottom