4 week old imprinted Goslings and poo!!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by alaskan_crew, Jul 11, 2010.

1. alaskan_crew

alaskan_crew Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2007
    Wasilla, AK
    I adopted imprinted Goslings that are to date 4 weeks old and WH ducklings that are around 6 weeks old AND holy moly the Poo they create! I promised my DH that they would be unforseen fowl in our backyard. Yet every 2 feet I find piles of Goose poo! Please help me report that it's "good" poo!

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I used to have geese in my back yard...whenever people asked me about the poop...I told them as its mostly grass- and a bit of digested grain it is fantastic fertilizer. I used to hose the poop into the ground every few days- and had the best looking lawn in the street!!! A good dose of rain will usually wash it into the soil- feeding it- and helping the grass to grow back- which then feeds the geese...they can become partially self sufficient in providing themselves with fresh lush grass through their poop... It IS good poop!!

3. Goosehaven

Goosehaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Yep, I agree it is "good" poop. It doesn't smell most of the time, it dries up like chopped up grass, and it fertilizes your lawn [​IMG]

4. Ooopsy_daisy

Ooopsy_daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    Dryden, Michigan
    Quote:Im so proud of you Goosehaven, not one harsh word typed. woo woo maybe you're warming up to this site???

5. jennifer@couplandtx.org

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Coupland, TX
    that is goosedragon... ;-) not goosehaven

6. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Im so proud of you Goosehaven, not one harsh word typed. woo woo maybe you're warming up to this site???

Are you confusing Goosehaven for me, goosedragon? I have been warned by moderators here to tone it down, and I am trying.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State

Are you confusing Goosehaven for me, goosedragon? I have been warned by moderators here to tone it down, and I am trying.

And doing an awesome job, which is great because goosedragon has so much knowledge to share. I personally love to see what GD has to say on waterfowl issues....

Anyway, back on topic.....I do the watering of goose droppings, too. It just dissolves into the grass.

We allow the ducks and geese to take over the lawn and garden from fall to spring and we get many compliments on our yard!

8. Tater n Beans

Tater n Beans Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2010
    Extreme South Texas
    I am going to have to find the pictures of before and after geese ducks and chickens on my backyard lawn it is night and day over one month. We water it in and there isn't any smell. Though if the fly bait runs out it does tend to get buggy by clean up day. I do have to say that they like our patio and that gets really gross quickly! By far the cheapest and most effective lawn maintenance around. They even mow the lawn and weed-eat the fence-line![​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by