4 week old light brahmas - pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Javamama, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    Just thought I post some pics of the crew - there are 3 light brahmas and one EE- which they all like to stand on. Guess which one (or 2) is probably a roo
    This one with the big ol red comb (let's call it #1) and the other one that is in the back of this picture (#2) are the same size, but the little one (#3)is catching up. They all have huge feet and legs so I can't tell a difference there.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These would #2 on the right and #3 on the left (have I confused you yet?)
    [​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

It looks like two pullets & one cockerel to me....they are very nice birds--where did you get them?

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    They're gorgeous! I see one roo [​IMG] You're lucky!

4. Javamama

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    Equibling - that's what I think too, although the verdcit is out on #2. I got them by mistake from the feed store. They gave me somebody else's order. I'm kind of glad - they are really nice looking birds. Scream like little girls when I hold them though. I can't believe how big they are already! I know this is a large breed, but holy cow!
    I will be rehoming the roo.
    You have some nice brahmas too. I had to go in search of pics when I first got these. [​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Wow--so those are hatchery Brahmas, huh? Wow! Why are you rehoming the roo? They are very gentle chickens--just keep holding them, lots...they will calm down. I have one little pullet that is almost annoying because she's so friendly!

6. Javamama

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    I am rehoming the roo due to neighbors. [​IMG] I would love to keep him but it isn't gonna happen. They are gorgeous when grown up. I have been hearing another rooster in the last couple days and I think it's pretty close. We are on a road where all the houses are on 1.5 acre lots that are long and narrow, so the houses are pretty close.
    Don't tell anyone, but I have a runt in my other batch that is probably a roo - he was a packing peanut and he's so cute. I call him Peewee. Not sure what breed he is yet - but probably brown leghorn. I really want to keep him. (edit, can't get smilie to work here) so wink, wink

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    They are very nice looking [​IMG]

8. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Nice looking Light Brahmas , your very lucky....

9. Horsea

Horsea Out Of The Brooder

Jul 5, 2008
    Canada
    Hi. This is my first time posting here! I don't know much about the many different breeds.

What you call a Brahma sure looks like the ones my parents had on the farm 40 years ago, except I think they were called Sussex. So, which is it? :|[​IMG]:|

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by