1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

4 week old MPC chicken report

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cupman, Oct 1, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Chicks are just shy of 4 weeks. All seem to be healthy and happy. I recommend MPC/Meyer, the birds are doing well. I have 7 but I'll just show you the different breeds to save space.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    very cute! What healthy looking birdies![​IMG]

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Hi [​IMG]
    They are adorable [​IMG] What Breeds are they? I'm really new to chickens so I'm trying to learn all I can [​IMG]

4. cupman

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Upper left: Silver Spangled Hamburg
    Upper right: Blue Andalusian
    Lower left: Light Brahma
    Lower right: Silver Lakenvelder

5. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:Are you sure she's a Blue Andalusian? Mine was a lot bluer at that age [​IMG]

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I am very happy with my MPC chicks; I bought 25 of them a couple of months ago - the Large Fowl pullet special, with some 'substitutions.' I want to thank you for your photos, because it solves at least two of my mystery chicks: Silver Speckled Hamburg and Silver Lakenvelder.

7. zathura12

zathura12 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    the light brahma is my fav. so cute [​IMG]

8. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I get all my layers from Meyer, chicks are always healthy and I live around the corner, only problem is I seem to have to go there to get something or another on Monday or Tuesday which is hatch day, the old man always says oh no what did you get this time. So what happened the last time I needed to go, he says he'll go and get it and guess what......he came home with 2 RIR girls. Go's to show ya you should always STEP AWAY FROM THE EXTRA BIN at the hatchery.
    Michele

9. cupman

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Are you sure she's a Blue Andalusian? Mine was a lot bluer at that age [​IMG]

I am almost certain. In the batch of 7 chicks I only ordered one blue andalusian and that's the odd chick out. When I look at her in the sunlight you can see a blue tinge to her feathers. But yeah, she isn't that blue yet, I hope she gets a little more color in her.

edit: I googled a few pics of the Blue Andalusian and she definitely isn't as blue as other chicks. Perhaps Meyer made a mistake on the breed? Or I got a goofy one that doesn't look proper. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  10. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by