4 week old quail old enough to go outside?

emcrowder

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2016
I looked at the 10 day forecast and it shows a couple of nights dropping down to the mid 50s and the rest are in the mid 60s. During the day it's upper 70s and low to mid 80s like it has been for weeks. I have 5 jumbo coturnix and they have outgrown their Rubbermaid storage container in the garage so I'm ready to get them out!

I'm getting ready to move my 4-5 week old coturnix outside this weekend! We're suppose to have about the same weather. I plan on still having a heat lamp in there at night time for them. Gonna have it bout 90 degrees under the lamp, it's in bout a 7x7 pen so there's plenty of room for them to get away from it. I plan on lower the temp bout 5 degrees every week till they act like they don't need the extra heat anymore

I guess I wasn't thinking about the timing on my quail. I bought 3 week old Pharoah and A&m at the farm swap and immediately put them outside in a pen. They survived so far and look healthy. I figured since they had feathers they would be ok. They huddle when resting and seem calm.

Okay I put them out this evening. It's only getting down to 67 tonight so that should be more than fine. I've never seen them so happy they went straight to doing dust baths and walking around exploring!

Back
Top Bottom