4 week old spec Sussex help

Xannisavia

Songster
6 Years
Jun 22, 2014
West palm beach florida
Two days ago I lost a 4 week old Sussex within 12 hours of first signs she wasn’t feeling well.
Her sister and two 2 week olds shared the coop with her, she had bloody poop I think and deteriorated quickly.
I am now using medicated feed, and garlic ACV water along with the lamp on. Our second Sussex has been pooping blood I believe yesterday and today although is much more active. Her gullet feels like she’s eating but I haven’t physically seen her eat. She drank some water yesterday I noticed. I’m worried I may loose her as well and still have no idea what her sister had. I’m adding a photo of her poop she had not even an hour ago. She’s not fluffed up or anything like her sister was but she has been in roost most of the day. Any help is welcome.

Attachments

• 608056C5-C100-4547-8375-BEFB788C5941.jpeg
    608056C5-C100-4547-8375-BEFB788C5941.jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 10
Go get some Corid liquid from your feed store. Give her 2 drops of undiluted Corid. Then add 10 ml (2 tsp) to each gallon of water and treat all your chicks. Watch to make sure they are drinking it, and you may also mix some of the treated water into food. Treat for 5-7 days, and change the water daily. Sorry that you lost a chick. Keep poop cleaned up, add fresh pine savings to keep it dry, and raise hour waterers and feeders to shoulder height.

They likely have coccidiosis and it can ruin their system very quickly
You need to get corid also called amprollium it can be found at tractor supply read the back of it and do the correct dosage in their water for 5 days
Treat all the chicks because they likely all have it
Make sure their brooder is very clean because the coccidiosis is in their droppings and if they get their feed on the droppings then they just keep eating the coccidiosis
Fluffed up and blood in the droppings is a sure sign they have it

Do I force feed her the first 2 drops ? We’ve been keeping a close eye on her I’m just worried we will loose her too The cage is very clean and dry with the lamp out there even and always fresh pine daily since we
Lost the one. Thank you!
Go get some Corid liquid from your feed store. Give her 2 drops of undiluted Corid. Then add 10 ml (2 tsp) to each gallon of water and treat all your chicks. Watch to make sure they are drinking it, and you may also mix some of the treated water into food. Treat for 5-7 days, and change the water daily. Sorry that you lost a chick. Keep poop cleaned up, add fresh pine savings to keep it dry, and raise hour waterers and feeders to shoulder height.

Yes, just open her beak, and give her a drop, let her swallow, and another. You may do that twice a day, in addition to drinking the treated water, if she is acting weak or lethargic.

Back
Top Bottom