4 week Pekin Duckling- labored breathing,clear fluid from nostrils,

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by AzraelRedeemed, Apr 7, 2018.

1. AzraelRedeemed

AzraelRedeemed In the Brooder

Mar 9, 2018
    will stretch one leg out far back behind , is taking a seat preferably over standing like before, is eating & drinking normally, preening normally, is in sweet yet bratty spirits, has an almost horse sounding neigh peep when sitting on no extra padded flooring, ummm currently is sitting on a stack of pillows w/ a heap air filter fan in front of her blowing air in her face...
    This presents has a Niacin deficiency & a possible upper respiratory infection, possibly from mild I’m in souther California.
    Duck also will pant has if hot, she often was have no a hot bill & feet, & also will have bill nearly closed w/ the tip of tounge out.when I get in close to here her breating it sounds like a teenage girl scoffing..

2. AzraelRedeemed

AzraelRedeemed In the Brooder

Mar 9, 2018
    I have made the mistake of not giving any niacin supplements until late last week but even then it was not regimented, last two have been more on it & trying to make sure she gets that running right, please dear god & anyone awake to see this please help me, this is more my baby, my best friend my dear sweet love. She is like a child to us that we will never have so I can’t watch her pass . I’ve been saved by this sweet heart in a time of despair due to my ptsd & I cant loose her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: