4 week wyandottes (pics)

Nugget

Songster
12 Years
Sep 2, 2007
I thought I'd post these as a reference for gender searches- if I am right in my guess that is! These are 2 of my 4 week old silver laced wyandottes. 2 are showing brightening of the comb and wattles, and 1 is not. If I'm wrong I'll repost later but I believe the first is male and the second is female. The third is a gratuitous picture of my dog and some of my adults

Enjoy

EDITED: It's 8 weeks now and the 3 are definately boys. So much for month old appearances!

(edited title)

Last edited:

Nugget

Songster
12 Years
Sep 2, 2007
That's Maggie, our Airedale Terrier. It took a little work but she's learned to leave the chickens alone. The squirrels and wild pheasants aren't as fortunate, but she's all talk

Nugget

Songster
12 Years
Sep 2, 2007
Oh-oh, the doubt is kicking in... it's been a week since the pictures above and the 'female' is pinking up more than I want to see.

Darn... if I'm right that makes me 0 for 6 with silver laced wyandottes (all male!). Is it bad luck, or is my luck being created for me? I hate to think the breeder is pawning off males on me as 'straight run' but it is seeming more likely. I think I'll get hatching eggs next time...

but maybe I'm wrong. It's still early!

Last edited:

Top Bottom