4-Weekers in Their New Coop

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JPinVT, May 26, 2010.

1. JPinVT

JPinVT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Vermont
    My mixed bag of 4-week-old chicks have been in their coop for 3 days now. Definitely miss the lil peep noises from the basement, but they're sooo much happier in their big coop. The temps here have been in the 90s during the day, so I've only had their heat lamp on at night, and they seem pretty happy with that. Anyhoo, I wanted to share some pictures of them. If anyone has ideas on breed or sex, I'd love to hear them!

My "velociraptors" all come running when they see a treat in my hand (raisins in this instance). It's adorable now but will be a bit overwhelming when they're bigger!
    [​IMG]

My chicks can do tricks! [​IMG] Here's one of my sex-link's impression of roadkill:
    [​IMG]

This chick is a diva! She wouldn't get out of way of the camera lens, just kept walking right up to it and sticking her face in the way:
    [​IMG]

Ok, so... you know when you're on a plane or bus, minding your own business, and the stranger in the seat next to you falls asleep... then his head slowly makes its way onto your shoulder? Awkward:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Thanks for looking! I can't get enough of these babies!

2. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    awww! They're adorable! The look so happy in their new coop. [​IMG]

3. PoultryLover007

PoultryLover007 Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    Love the pic with the chick laying on it's sibling haha cute!

4. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Love it! I can't wait to start giving my babies treats! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by