4 weeks old tomorrow crested SFH, girl or boy?

Ariel188

Songster
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Southern CA
They will be 4 weeks old tomorrow! Lets call Chick #1 the gray one and chick #2 the tan one. Opinions please?

Ariel188

Songster
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Southern CA
So you think all 4 are girls? Are you familiar with SFH? Most people are telling me boys on a FB group page I am on.

lightchick

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Minnesota
Yes, I think all four are girls. No I am not familiar with SFH. I think they are girls because that is what my first chicken looked like when she was little.

Gonetothebirds

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 24, 2014
Crested are always harder to tell. But the blue based one looks like a cockerel. The lighter one a pullet. The none crested both look like cockerels. I do raise them, but I would wait intill seven weeks before making a real judgment.

Ariel188

Songster
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Southern CA
Yes, I think all four are girls. No I am not familiar with SFH. I think they are girls because that is what my first chicken looked like when she was little.
You do know different breeds develop bigger combs or not right? Like right now I have brahmas and none of them have combs but that doesn't mean they are all girls. :)

Ariel188

Songster
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Southern CA
Crested are always harder to tell. But the blue based one looks like a cockerel. The lighter one a pullet. The none crested both look like cockerels. I do raise them, but I would wait intill seven weeks before making a real judgment.
You raise SFH? So you guess is the only pullet is the lightest one? Other 3 boys? :-(

Ill take more photos in a few weeks and post again if you would like to keep yourself subscribed to this post! Thank you!!

Top Bottom