4 wk chick, listless, keeping eyes closed

imelfamily

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
We have a 4 week od chick that became very listless, and started keeping her eyes closed most of the time. One died yesterday morning. It came on fast. Now another is showing the sames signs. Listless, sleeping all the time. When I come in and check on them, she will start walking around, but keeps her eyes closed as much as possible.

I've changed their bedding, feed, and added antibiotics to their water based on information I found on the internet. I've hand watered the sick chick with the medicated water, and she is starting to eat, but still with her eye's closed. Any idea's of what this is or if I'm treating it right??

Thank you. I haven't heard of probotics or gut flora. Are probotics usually available where you get the sulmet and antibiotics?

proabably coccidiosis. i used to have problems with it until i started using medicated feed. maybe that'll help in the future.
frow.gif

my chicks are on medicated feed but have one chick acting the same way. listless, sits all the time and looks unkempt compared to the others. can they still get coccidiosis on medicated feed?

Back
Top Bottom