4 wk-old Easter Egger cockerel to good home, Spokane area

Queensilkie

Songster
5 Years
Jan 22, 2016
WA
I've just got my new batch of chicks for the year, and unfortunately it's clear this little guy is /not/ a pullet, no matter what he was sold as. He's a little over 4 weeks old, so still a baby, and is not quite fully feathered yet. He isn't crowing yet, but is acting like he'll be a good breeding rooster- he's not aggressive and is easily handled.
I'd love to keep him, but sadly city ordinances dictate otherwise, so I'm content with giving him to someone who can use him/wants him.
I have a few more weeks until he's big enough to go outside, and starts crowing, so if anyone is interested but hesitant because he can't be outside yet, I'm sure I could keep him until then, and hand him off when he's a bit less scrawny.
He's really a sweet bird, so if anyone in the Spokane area could use a pretty little EE cockerel, that'd be wonderful.
Thank you for reading.
(His name is Gandalf, if that endears him to anyone. <3)
20190411_115805[1].jpg 20190411_115921_001[1].jpg 20190411_115642[1].jpg 20190411_115931[1].jpg

I see no indications that this is a cockerel... Give it some time! Its generally too soon to sex!
I would generally agree with that, but of all the chicks we've had, we've never been wrong when guessing at a rooster. He's very protective of the other chicks (which all follow him around like little shadows), and puffs up his neck feathers and gives us the stink eye whenever we reach into their brooder. I would entertain the 9 or so percent possibility he's a dominant hen, however, on the other 91%, I really can't afford to keep him until he starts crowing and confirms it. We have a neighbor that will repeatedly call the city if she suspects we have a rooster, and we've already gotten off with several warnings, lol.

I may find myself in your shoes soon! I don't think one can have them in the valley. I have no idea what to expect from our roo. This is our fist time with chickens and so if his crowing stays as is I think we'll be fine, but he is young so who knows!

I would generally agree with that, but of all the chicks we've had, we've never been wrong when guessing at a rooster. He's very protective of the other chicks (which all follow him around like little shadows), and puffs up his neck feathers and gives us the stink eye whenever we reach into their brooder. I would entertain the 9 or so percent possibility he's a dominant hen, however, on the other 91%, I really can't afford to keep him until he starts crowing and confirms it. We have a neighbor that will repeatedly call the city if she suspects we have a rooster, and we've already gotten off with several warnings, lol.

Did you sell her, or do you still have her? how did she turn out if you still have her?

Did you sell her, or do you still have her? how did she turn out if you still have her?
This was so long ago! Yes, !she! acted like a cockerel up to the moment she laid her first egg, even mating some of the other hens, but lo and behold, she's just a very bossy girl! She had me fooled!

Back
Top Bottom