4 wks old too young for hardboiled eggs?

dsvabulas

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Grafton MA
I've seen other posts that have given hardboiled and scrambled. Mine haven't had anything other than yogurt mixed with starter. Also no feedback yet on listless chick. I may try olive oil and massage on her. Thans, Newbie Donna

jenni2142

Songster
11 Years
Jul 16, 2008
South Carolina
4 weeks is okay for crumble boiled egg. Also if they are reluctant to eat and ill mine like a mixture of 2 tablespoons baby rice cereal, 2 tablespoons crushed starter, and 1 tablespoon of applesauce with no added sugar. they flatten it down and you just fluff with a fork, that even enticed my little one, that I thought was a goner, to eat.

threehorses

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
Houston
I've fed mine that from day one before. Only I mix a little water to help it dissolve well.

I'd agree with Jenni's treat. only I add starter, applesauce, a dab of yogurt or another probiotic*. On my birds, I've blended up a bit of oatmeal the in food processor til it's powder and mixt hat with water and let it sit til it's all absorbed and runny - then mix that with the other stuff.

Honestly I raised a batch of babies from show breeders once that were just weak. (Before they wouldn't hatch at all, until I supplemented them, then the babies were just delicate.) Feeding them this was the only way to get some of them jump started. I always do that with more delicate breeds now.

Funny thing... I've never ever had to do it with a plymouth rock bantam baby, though. They come out looking for food. In fact, I think the reason they hatch is because they think there's food waiting on the other side!

Good luck with your babies.

Top Bottom