4 year old mishap

clayb226

Songster
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Missouri
I just hatched out 7 chicks, for my 4 year old, and my 7 year old. This was my first attempt to hatch. Well, my 4 year old has squished his favorite one. my 7 year old came and got me and said this chick was laying on it's side, and was breathing fast. Up on seeing the chick, it was laying on it's side and breathing very shallow. It is still alive, but just lays there and does not do much. It can move, but just lays around with its eyes closed?? Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

First of all, I am soooo sorry! I have a 4 y.o. too and I she's good with them, but you really have to watch them very closely, because they don't understand how delicate they are. My daughter has almost stepped on them many times just walking around with them in the yard. Anyway, I hate to say this, but the chick is probably not going to make it. The best thing you can do is put it out of it's misery quickly. The cleanest way to me is to use a shovel and break the neck, then bury it. There are probably other ways, but that's my advice. Good luck, sorry again. :-(

Well, I got up this morning, and the chick appears to be back to normal. My 4 year old said he did not do anything to it, but it was hurt, he prayed for the chick went to bed, now chick appears good. Thanks and be blessed.

Great news! That shows you the miracle of prayer.
smile.png
I think God hears the little one's prayers especially. I am so happy for ya'll, and especially the chick!

Oh, so glad to hear the chick is OK! Prayer is awesome! Little ones just don't know their own strength sometimes.....LOL The first year we moved into our new house, the neighbor boy came over and squeezed our gerbil and gave it a stroke. Poor little thing crawled around with a weak left side for a while, but then it recovered.

Good for you! And I'll bet your little one feels much happier now that the chick has recovered!

Quote:
When this child was 2, we told him to hold on good when he help a baby rabbit we saved from our cat. Well, he went into his great grand parents house, with out asking, to get the rabbit to show his great grand parents, he squeezed it to death before he even got it outside. My wife took the little thing, and it just flopped and died right there. My oldest son was in kindergarten at a christian school, and had took it to show and tell that day. He had to tell the story 100 times in the next week, because the whole school was interested in the rabbit, and was asking about it. Until they all heard it was dead.

Back
Top Bottom