40 Bird Flock for Brown Eggs, What Breeds for Visual Variety?

DENALI

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Looking at Some Delawares, New Hampshire Reds, Rhode Island Red, and some red or black sexlinks. Any other breeds that would be good brown egg layers to toss into the mix to add some visual variance? Thanks for your input!

The beautiful "golden" sheen of Buff Orpington feathers is a must have!

The beautiful, large, brown eggs are highly desirable. And, as a plus for your area, they are very cold hardy and lay straight through all the winter months.

They are gorgeous birds, and would be an attractive contrast to the other colorful breeds you have chosen. Dependable, hardy, docile, extremely friendly,........................um.........I love my Orpy girls.
smile.png

Well, maybe a Blue Orpington or Blue or Blue Wheaten Ameraucana or two would give that group some "oomph", but those will most likely have to come from breeders, not a hatchery. Easter Eggers are also interesting, color wise, in their feathers and most of the time, in their egg color, but you asked for BROWN egg layers and here I am giving you blue and blue/green egg layers, LOL. I do like variety, I guess. I do love my beautiful Golden Girls (Buff Orps), too.

Back
Top Bottom