40 Eggs Half under Broodies and 1/2 in Bator

bragabit

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Southern Utah
Well two of my good mommy hens have gone broody again. So I purchased eggs on here and Ebay. I got 40 eggs. I stuck 7 under my bantam broody, and 15 under my Buff Orp broody. I put the rest into my bator with a couple of my own mix farm eggs (kind of as a control factor). I am interested to see my hatch rates. My chickens have been excellent at sitting and had great rates. My worries are with the shipped eggs. After buying eggs from all over the US in the middle of summer I wonder if it be hurt my hatch rate. Anyways I hope to keep everyone posted. I've never incubated before, but I am so excited to see the results. I plan I sticking any hatchlings that come from the bator under my broody hens.

A question for the experts (I tried searching first) Can turning your eggs or incubating them a certain way affect the gender or is that determined by genetics (question is from DH)

shipping eggs is a risk anytime of the year. i have had very good luck with shipping eggs, 2 100 percent hatches this year. unbelivable. me hatching eggs shipped or home grown eggs 50 to 90 percent. practice. practice. remember, dont open the bator during lockdown or during hatching. i am outright guilty. therefore low hatch rates on my part

Back
Top Bottom