$40 for Indian Blue week old peachicks !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenzoo, Jun 27, 2010.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

No wonder I sold mine all in one day, 2 other people... (one being the lovely person off Eggbid) are selling them for $40 each... at a week old. ! Standard Indian Blues...... and they say they only have a few left........ [​IMG]

2. TheRanch

TheRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Sunny North Florida
    Jen, you are usually selling too cheap!! lol ... except when you sell to me [​IMG]

3. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    [​IMG] I just sold 2 white pea chicks for $40.00 each but they were 4 weeks old. I usually like to get them up to at least 4 weeks old where they are mostly feathered in before I will put them up for sale, but I only sell them here straight off the farm. Seems like a reasonable price to me; the man that bought the first two that I just sold has already bought the two pied chicks that I have to sell, but they were only a week old when he saw them. I told him that I would grow them up a bit and contact him once they were 4 weeks old. [​IMG]

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I didn't sell them for $40..................... I sell mine for $25 for IB .......and I like to wait awhile for them to grow up some. I couldn't believe people were selling them for $40.

TheRanch....... now I don't think $10 a hen for nice laying Bantam Light Brahmas & Mottled or Black D'uccles was too high, I've put more into them in feed to get them to that point... LOL [​IMG]
    those little buggers are eating machines....... [​IMG]

5. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Jennifer, where are you selling yours through? I tried CL and I can't get $20 for BS babies in Tampa. I dont think it would be fair to go any lower considering the feed and time it takes to care for such magnificent birds.

6. TheRanch

TheRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Sunny North Florida
    Quote:I wasn't insinuating it was too much lol.... just that I'm cheap [​IMG] I hear ya on the eating machines - my porc d'uccles can outeat a standard cochin - don't know where she puts it..... of course, it doesn't help when Le (pampered pullet) is feeding her Fruit punch gatorade..... that hen was loving that!!

7. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:I wasn't insinuating it was too much lol.... just that I'm cheap [​IMG] I hear ya on the eating machines - my porc d'uccles can outeat a standard cochin - don't know where she puts it..... of course, it doesn't help when Le (pampered pullet) is feeding her Fruit punch gatorade..... that hen was loving that!!

I know right...... I can pick mine up and they are like bricks...... were do they put it? guess in their feet... hehe

Nathhowe, I would not go lower...... I used Craigslist and also had a waiting list from my chicken customers. You can try Ocala4sale also. If you were closer they'd already be sold...... [​IMG] Try tacking on a little more to the price, then you can haggle down so people think they are getting a bargin..... alot of people on CL just want a deal....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  8. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

There is someone in Raleigh NC who is saling Whites and Indian blue chicks 3 days - 2 weeks for 15$ some other colors for 20-30 dollars...Then there is another person also in Raleigh who is selling for 50$ for white peachicks... [​IMG] wonder who's selling more chicks? [​IMG]

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Are you coming to Fl anytime soon.... LOL, I'd have you pick up some whites... hehe

10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I think starting at 20.00 or 25.00 is the normal. thats for blues, also is if you know the background, like blue split bronze would sell for more.

I also like mine to be a few weeks old before selling them..Unless the person buying them have raised peachicks before. I would rather spend a little money on feed(they sure don't eat much),than to hear they died.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by