1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

40+ Jumbo Brown & Jumbo Golden Coturnix Quail Eggs Shipped / N.P.I.P.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ugly ducky, Dec 19, 2009.

1. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    *NPIP Certified* 40 + extras Jumbo Coturnix eggs (1/2 brown & 1/2 Golden) to ship at end of listing, or whenever you prefer. These will be very fresh eggs no older than 2 days at time of shipping. My birds are true Jumbos, with most of my hens weighing 12-14 ounces. They also lay some true "Jumbo" eggs...see pic below. I don't ship the Jumbo eggs as they are almost always double or triple yolkers, and won't hatch, but they're great for eating! These eggs will be all from Jumbo Browns and Goldens, however, there is the possibility of getting a few white chicks. I have had 3 white chicks hatch here over the last few weeks. The white is coming from my Goldens, but wanted to mention it in case you would end up with a white chick. My fertility and hatch rate here has been excellent, and I pack very carefully and label well for the P.O. PayPal payment can be made to [email protected] .
    If you are interested in more or less eggs, or for all one color, just pm me with your request.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. zaylinda

zaylinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Do you find that the eggs survive the cold well when shipped in the winter?
    I would like to buy some, but with temperatures in the teens and twenties for the next few months, I'm not sure the eggs would make it alive.
    -Zay

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  3. youridreezen

youridreezen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2009
    if only you were in oz.[​IMG]
    it is really hard to find jumbos here:hit

well i will just have to make jumbo browns and goldens out of the jumbo quail i got sent up from SA.

cheers youri.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Quail eggs take shipping very well, I bought some last winter from a different seller. Out of 21 eggs that survived the trip (weren't packed very well) I had 17 chicks hatch. I got them about this time last year.

5. ugly ducky

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    Yep, I agree with Shelley, they seem to ship really well. I got my first quail eggs in mid winter, and they did real well for me. I also pack with lots of shredded newspaper, so they are insulated pretty well.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  6. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    I received some eggs from ugly ducky and they were packaged really well. The box was pretty well beat up and there was only a couple of eggs that had cracked. The rest were great. I now have a brooder full of cute little brown and golden coturnix!!

Bil

7. zaylinda

zaylinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Thanks all, I'm definitely sold on these eggs!

8. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    Can jumbo browns and goldens be raised together in the same pen?

9. ugly ducky

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    Yes, they can be mixed. You would get both colors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by