40 some years ago...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Frosty, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    This is me back then [​IMG]

Poor chicken... must not have hurt her, she was my pet and easy to catch (or was she easy to catch because after all of the squeezing she couldn't run?) Her name was Nancy... don't know why I called her that unless I decided to honor an Aunt by naming a chicken after her? As you can see, my addiction to poultry isn't new, so I guess I would need a 40 step program to get over it.

[​IMG]

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    awe what a cute picture! [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow! That a big chicken who is getting a big hug! How neat you found the photo!

4. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Cute picture! Do you need a 40 step program? You only need a program IF you want to get over your "addiction"! [​IMG] At this stage I'd say chickens are a personality trait for you.

5. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Quote:Notice I said I would need a 40 step program instead of I do need one [​IMG] Of course, if you asked DH he might differ on that opinion [​IMG]

But then again, he's an enabler. Once I was down in the dumps and he told me that TSC had ducklings. Then he actually took me there! [​IMG]

6. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Awww now THAT is Cute!!! My husband is not just an enabler, I think he is secretly as addicted as I am. He knew I had awhole lotta birds BEFORE he married me. What did he expect me to do when he said "no more birds in the house"? He had to have known he was saying "take your addiction outside [​IMG] Or at least that's what I heard!

7. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    That is one big chicken!! Fab picture!!

8. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    You realize that 40 step program, takes 40 years to achieve! I say enjoy the addiction! [​IMG]

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Rehab is for quitters.

You don't want to be a quitter do you?

Cute picture!

10. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Look at the legs on that "thang". Nice chicken to.

Ok all together now 1-2-3

"Shut up Steve"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by