Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickensAreSweet, Sep 20, 2010.

1. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. undergroundchickens

undergroundchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Please don't be too hard on yourself. You know you had to get rid of the extra roosters and you thought you were doing the right thing. We all make mistakes sometimes but we learn from them. If taking them to auction is not the right option for you, do what you think is right the next time. You can never be sure what is going to happen to them after you rehome them but if you are more comfortable selling them from the feed store or off of Craigslist do that the next time. [​IMG]

4. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    I understand. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all make mistakes and live with our regrets but hey, life is too short. Just forget about it and move on. Enjoy the hobby.

5. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    [​IMG] We live and learn, and you did what you thought you needed to to get rid of extra roo's.

6. ChickensAreSweet

7. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    We are all here to help each other. [​IMG]

8. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Im hatching some eggs right now. I know i will get some roos. I have a neighbor who has a friend that raises roos for meat.I really dont like the idea of them going there but I have no choice. I already have too many roos. I know the time here they will be well taken care of, so maybe next time try to find someone like that. As far as auctions my DH said he would never go to another, We got 6 of our RIR's at an Amish auction. He didnt like the way they were handled. They ended up being good birds but he said they dont have to handle them so roughly. By the way one of the reds is his favorite. She follows him all over and he picks her up and kisses her neck. Guess I should be jelous [​IMG] Dont beat yourself up we live and learn. You'll know next time that route is not for you. [​IMG]

9. ChickensAreSweet

[.

10. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    No judgment here. Hindsight is 20/20. What you're feeling means you're a good, compassionate person.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by