44 Eggs Set Today on Homemade Fridge Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by eldonrgv, Oct 6, 2016.

1. eldonrgv

eldonrgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2016
    Roma Texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just set another 44 chicken eggs along with the 7 peafowl eggs I set yesterday on my homemade fridge incubator. I know the days vary by 7/9 days on chickens and peafowl so I'll be making another just for hatching. Temp still steady on 100.2/100.6 and humidity at 45/50. Hopefully we'll have buffy butts by the 27th. ***Fingers Crossed***

2. crobbins2009

crobbins2009 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    I want to follow this so that I can see how it goes.

My husband is in school for mechanical engineering, and I told him to talk one of his teachers into letting him make one of these for a project so that I can have it at home.

I figure he can somehow make it relate to thermodynamics and machine elements. hah

3. eldonrgv

eldonrgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2016
    Roma Texas
    8 days of incubation and I candled the 44 eggs and only 3 were unfertiled, the other 41 are alive and kicking.
    I also candled the 7 peafowl eggs (10th day today) and are as clear as water. This is my first time with peafowl, when should they be candled? I guess at list some little veins should of been seen. More than likely unfertiled eggs. I'll give them another week of incubation for second candling since they take from 28-30 days to hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by