4H Ducks On Parade

TSOWOATNKC

Songster
Jun 11, 2018
Let me preface upfront that I didn’t take any photos. Taking 8 kids to a parade was challenging, and taking photos wasn’t something I was able to focus on.

Last night our kids and I participated in our local 4H march in the holiday parade. They took two of our fawn and white runners, and one of our black runners. They wanted to take some heavier breeds, but I didn’t want them to be unable to carry them for the entire parade route.

The runners were a hit. I think in future we won’t do a black runner for a twilight parade because they’re hard to see. I think next time we’ll use harnesses so we can set the ducks down rather than carry them all the time. Plus getting them to walk a bit would be adorable. The crowd seemed to like them.

The kids were wondering if we should get boots too to protect their feet on the asphalt?

Last edited:
The kids really wanted to take our geese. I don’t think that would be a good idea unless we can build a cage to put one in on our gorilla cart. We march with chickens, goats, and dogs, I don’t think our geese would be very happy marching alongside those critters.

I think we’re going to the 4th of July parade too. We’re planning to make costumes for the ducks fitting the theme. Maybe we’ll get them to practice walking a parade route on leash/harness by going on a stroll to get the mail too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom