4H mom who loves to raise ducks and chickens

Babynurse45

In the Brooder
Nov 3, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got 2 goats first in 2012. Soon thereafter 2 chickens decided to move in. I don’t know where they came from!!?? They hung out with the goats. Sooooo I got a chicken coop and started raising babies.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 5 chickens and 3 ducklings.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have an Americauna, 2 Rhode Island Whites and 2 Plymouth Rock chickens. Ducks are all Buff Orphingtons.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Watching them roam around. When they squat down so I pick them up.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Breeding goats, snowboarding.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a NICU nurse with 2 kids. I have 2 dogs, 1 barn cat, 7 goats, 5 chickens and 3 ducks.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have looked at threads from time to time. Today I had a choking duckling and the thread I found saved him!! ❤️

BYC Welcome 7.jpg

Glad to hear your duck is ok!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Its nice to hear you enjoy raising chickens. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom