4H Project - Will you help us decide??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nuggetsowner:), Jul 8, 2008.

1. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    My son has decided to enter a photograph for one of his 4H fair projects this year. He is having trouble picking which one of the following pics he'd like to enter. We thought maybe you guys could help!

The first pic is...Rusty the Rooster Watches Over His Flock

[​IMG]

The second is... Treat Time - I think he likes this one cause it has some of his favorite birds in it.

[​IMG]

So, which one do you like? Let him know! DS says thanks!!

2. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    I pick Rusty because we can see his face and the picture is very clear. I like the way the focus is on him but there's some cool hens hanging out in the background.

The hens in treat time are beauties but we can't see their faces and it's kind of one dimensional.

I am no kind of expert, just going by what I like.

3. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I agree with Karlachix. Rusty is nice and clear. He looks like a nice calm rooster.

4. ChandlersChickens

ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    I also like the pic of Rusty. It is up close and very clear. It almost feels like the rooster is looking right at you. Awesome picture!

5. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Hands down...Rusty! A beautiful flock there, but the pic of Rusty is so clear and like it was stated, "the focus is clearly on him" but it was very good to have the hens in the background also! The overall composition of the pic is perfect! It gives the impression that he IS INDEED the protector of those gurlz and you'd better not be messin' wit his hens! And he means it too! I ain't gonna test him!

6. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Yes, the picture of Rusty. It is a very clear picture. The color of the hens is beautiful but a little out of focus. Rusty has plenty of character in that shot.

7. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    Personally, I liked Treat Time. The color contrast of the chickens is beautiful and they are all in the same pose.

8. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I am not an expert on photography but I am partial to Treat Time-I like the contrast of the two birds in the photo. Rusty is good too-I would of liked to seen his whole body.

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    They are booth good.

I like Treat Time...more color.

10. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I like treat time. It might be really interesting if cropped just show the contrasting feather patterns. Rusty Roo is cute, put I think treat time is the more interesting photo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by