4th of July Photo Shoot & Trivia Game (Ends July 4th)

Pics
Try again. :lau :lau
In 1866, Custer was commissioned lieutenant colonel of the newly created 7th U.S. Cavalry and assigned to command the cavalry in the west. The following year he took part in Winfield Hancock’s expedition against the Southern Cheyenne in 1867. After a court-martial and suspension from duty, Custer was restored to command by Philip Sheridan.

After Reconstruction duty in the south, Custer and his regiment guarded survey parties from the Northern Pacific Railroad on the 1873 Yellowstone Expedition. The following summer he led the Seventh into the Black Hills, an event that precipitated the Great Sioux War. In May 1876, Custer marched west with Brig. Gen. Alfred Terry's Dakota column from Fort Abraham Lincoln. Attempting to locate a combined Sioux and Cheyenne village led by Sitting Bull, Terry dispatched Custer as part of a two pronged offensive on June 22. Three days later, Custer located the village and in the ensuing battle, his battalion of five companies was annihilated. Custer buried in the cemetery at West Point.

In 1866, Custer was commissioned lieutenant colonel of the newly created 7th U.S. Cavalry and assigned to command the cavalry in the west. The following year he took part in Winfield Hancock’s expedition against the Southern Cheyenne in 1867. After a court-martial and suspension from duty, Custer was restored to command by Philip Sheridan.

After Reconstruction duty in the south, Custer and his regiment guarded survey parties from the Northern Pacific Railroad on the 1873 Yellowstone Expedition. The following summer he led the Seventh into the Black Hills, an event that precipitated the Great Sioux War. In May 1876, Custer marched west with Brig. Gen. Alfred Terry's Dakota column from Fort Abraham Lincoln. Attempting to locate a combined Sioux and Cheyenne village led by Sitting Bull, Terry dispatched Custer as part of a two pronged offensive on June 22. Three days later, Custer located the village and in the ensuing battle, his battalion of five companies was annihilated. Custer buried in the cemetery at West Point.
You googled that:tongue

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/biographies/george-armstrong-custer

Please check your own posts. First you said Lieutenant General. Post #527 and then you quoted the net and said Lieutenant Colonel, Post 531, which was correct. I thought we were having fun, sorry your feelings got hurt, because you answered incorrectly.
Think I will go find something fun, with less whimpering.

Please check your own posts. First you said Lieutenant General. Post #527 and then you quoted the net and said Lieutenant Colonel, Post 531, which was correct. I thought we were having fun, sorry your feelings got hurt, because you answered incorrectly.
Think I will go find something fun, with less whimpering.
I think I'll do the same

Back
Top Bottom