4th of July Photo Shoot & Trivia Game (Ends July 4th)

A semi-serious question. How many British, North American colonies were there in 1776. I know there were plenty in the Caribbean and 'Central America', East & West Florida and I assume several in present day Canada.
Most Americans, if they think about it only know the 13. (I'm looking for the answer also.)
6?

A semi-serious question. How many British, North American colonies were there in 1776. I know there were plenty in the Caribbean and 'Central America', East & West Florida and I assume several in present day Canada.
Most Americans, if they think about it only know the 13. (I'm looking for the answer also.

Tough question. On North America Proper there were 20 in 1775, but if you're also talking like Bermuda, Barbados, etc, those had been around more than 100 years at that point too and there were more than 50 of them.

On July 1, 1867, the British North America Act formally joined the colonies, creating the unified, semi-independent Dominion of Canada. Essentially, Canada became a self-governing dominion of Great Britain. In 1982, Canada became fully independent. Since 1983, July 1 has been known as “Canada Day.”
Here's a BIG hint. The correct answer is somewhere in here. But you have to tell me which is the right date

Back
Top Bottom