1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 1/2 inches RAIN in N Central TEXAS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pjknust, Aug 13, 2011.

1. pjknust

pjknust Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Texas
    RAIN RAIN RAIN
    Its 72` right now. We havent seen 72` in weeks!!!! The lake is comin up.............

pam in Rain Drenched TX

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Not here in Austin...send some my way...pretty please with sprinkles?

3. mercedes

mercedes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    TX
    Not a drop here either.I saw dark clouds and heard thunder yesterday afternoon,but it blew away. [​IMG] Maybe we get lucky today.

4. pjknust

pjknust Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Texas
    We got more rain here in Breckenridge than anywhere in this area. (according to measurments posted on facebook) We have been living in Hell and finally God has Blessed us!! Praise the Lord!!!

pam in TX

5. mercedes

mercedes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    TX
    Sure know what you mean about living in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!The death toll on wildlife and livestock has been absolutely staggering.Thank God for every drop of rain.

6. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Woke up early this morning to rain, rain, rain. This is the 3rd cloudy day...heaven compared to the heat!

7. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    not here either.. [​IMG] I am happy for you though [​IMG]

8. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Sooooooooooo glad you got some rain. I am praying for a hurricanne. [​IMG] Sorry about all those that would have to leave their homes thought . Maybe just a good storm that would bring rain over a week or two period of good steady rain not flooding rain but a good soaking rain [​IMG]
    We did have some lighting about an hour or so ago, no grass fires started

9. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I am so happy you got rain. It is so dry here that trees are dying. The fish have ticks and the ground is cracked open. I brought up the weather radar and tried to click and drag the rain to my dry pocket of the state, but no luck. Go play in the rain for me. [​IMG]

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I think this post requires a happy dance? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe not so happy you are getting all that at once, but from the way it sounds you are probably happy to take what you can get? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by