1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5-6 month old pullets stopped laying?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jendodd, Oct 15, 2010.

1. jendodd

jendodd Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2010
    Hi everyone! I have 4 pullets that were apx 4 months old when I got them at the beginning of September. 1 of them produces very large creamy coloured eggs and the other 3 are laying teeny tiny little brown eggs. We were getting about 2 eggs a day (the large egg was consistent one a day and then one smaller one). A week ago we went away for the weekend, so they staying in their coop and didn't get time to run around free. They stopped laying and haven't laid since then! They are getting an organic layer mash, a handful of scratch a day and whatever green scraps we have. Any ideas? Is this typical for when the weather starts to change?

2. jendodd

jendodd Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2010
    So I checked some ideas on the forum, had a peek in their wings and I think they have lice. Ugh! Off to the feed store to find something to help...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by