1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5-6 week old chick pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by demonique, May 18, 2007.

1. demonique

demonique Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Montana
    I could sure use some help in identifying breeds here! The bigger girls will be six weeks old tomorrow (Saturday), and the littler ones will be 5. They've all moved into their new coop, but haven't seen the outdoors yet, and I'm hoping to get a fence up real soon! We've got a lot of cats in the neighborhood - and a big owl, too... I'm a big chicken when it comes to letting them out near possible predators.

First up is my golden polish... bald as she may be. We call her Lazy Sue since... she's a very lazy girl compared to the others. She's the only girl I'm 100% positive on regarding breed.

[​IMG]

Then there's Lily:

[​IMG]

Then there's Houdini:

[​IMG]

Feather:

[​IMG]

Suspected roo? This chick looked exactly like 2-3 of the other girls when just a baby, but (s)he's developed some white feathers when the others have not, and her? comb is much more pink.

[​IMG]

Faceshot:
    [​IMG]

And some misc picks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So. What do you think I have? *lol* I couldn't get good pics of all of them - busy little creatures, they are!

2. kingsdaughter

kingsdaughter Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2007
    California
    Houdini is a black astrolorp, the buff one in the far left in the final pic looks like a buff orpington. Could lilly be a delaware?

3. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    feather is pretty

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Lilly looks like she could be a Delaware/EE cross, though after seeing Feather's legs, I'm thinking they could both possibly have some Light Brahma or other Columbian colored breed in them. I don't see the barring in the black that you'd get from a Delaware, at least not on Feather.

5. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I would say feather is a light brahma pullet, and not a cockeral. Looks like some E eggers in the mix also.

bigzio

6. claytonhain

claytonhain Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    that polish is a boy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by