5 Barnevelder chicks - Blue Double laced

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by blackbirds13, Aug 22, 2013.

1. blackbirds13

blackbirds13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    I have 5 day-old Barnevelders for sale. They are from The Fancy Chick and part of a rarebreeds auction I won. But I only want to keep the other breed of chicks so I would like to re-home these. I would prefer they all go together so the price is for all 5 chicks. I am asking $60.00 or best offer as I know nothing about them. Please PM me if you are interested.She and I are both NPIP. This is local pick up only no shipping.

this is the description of them from the auction

"Our Blue Barnevelder breeding pen consists of our Johan van Achterberg Double Laced Barnevelder hens, Blue Double Laced hens covered by 2 blue roosters and one buff laced roo."

photos are on the New Hampshire! (that's 1 exclamation point) thread
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/357963/new-hampshire/940#post_11877362

Thanks.

2. LuvinBlueBirds

LuvinBlueBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2013
    SE Idaho
    OH Gosh, I wish you were closer! I really, really want some of those!

3. blackbirds13

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    I wish you were too. No takers so I'm closing it up. I'll grow them out a bit and decide what to do in a few weeks.

4. LuvinBlueBirds

Jul 4, 2013
    SE Idaho
    Is it possible to ship them when it gets a bit cooler?

5. blackbirds13

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    I'm not sure what I want to do with them at this point or what price point I would put them at or what sex they are. I had hoped to sell them early to not have to brood them and incur the cost of feeding them, etc. They are growing out quite well and there size is really nice.
    I'll probably let them grow out until they are fully feathered and sex-able and try to sell them at that point. I'm still wavering on shipping chicks, I'm a bit 'chickened out' at this point so I'd have to get back to you when I know what I want to do. Ideally I'd like to sell them locally.

6. LuvinBlueBirds

Jul 4, 2013
    SE Idaho
    If you are willing to ship these, I'm still interested. [​IMG]

7. blackbirds13

Jun 29, 2010
    Southern New Hampshire
    I'm not sure I'm ready to ship birds and they would be more than $60 but not sure what I'd price them at. Turns out they are 3 blue (2 females and 1 male) and 2 black (females ). So actually a really nice quint. If I could talk the hubby into it I'd keep them but I'd prefer to sell locally. I'd have to decide on a price. I do have shipping boxes. I have to think about it.

8. Kagen

Kagen Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2012
    If you didn't get rid of or decide to keep forever, I'd drive by and buy if available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by