1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 + Blue Marans Roo X French Cuckoo Hen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MiMis_Place, Jan 21, 2011.

1. MiMis_Place

MiMis_Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I have 5 blue marans roo X french cuckoo hen eggs for sale to be shipped Monday the 24th if any one is interested. I should have at least 7 probably 8 come Monday. They lay a pretty dark brown egg:) Not as dark as the black marans though.

Here is a picture of the hen and a bigger picture of the roo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the winning bidder wants I have a few eggs from a bantam pen that I will through in. I'm pretty sure that the black roo and hen are the ones that are laying. But could be a cross.

Here's pictures of them since I don't recall what breed they are. I've placed a coke can in the pen so a person can get a perspective as to their size. If anyone knows their breed please let me know:) ( I could call my brother and ask him about the black pair since he is the one that gave them to me, and I got the others from a uncle that said his were BB Reds:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a couple of pics on how I pack and mark my boxes. The eggs are pointed end down (air sacs up), the carton taped shut and placed into shredded paper in the box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a few other listings here on BYC (seremas and Indian Runner ducks) and one on EBay (showgirl X lav roo). If you wish to check my feedback or listing on Ebay my handle there is mimis_place.

If shipping is less I'll refund the difference minus $2 which is used to help defray the cost of delivery confirmation, PayPal fees, and gas.

Payment is expected with 12 hours of auction end to:

[email protected].

NO E-CHECKS! Questions? PM me.

Thanks for your interest!
    Carla

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. geweldig23

geweldig23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    Ohio
    Hey there! I think your mystery bantams are bb red old english game that haven't been dubbed. I hope someone who is more knowledgeable than me will correct me if I'm wrong.........?

3. MiMis_Place

Mar 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    That's what my uncle said. His were BB REDS that he has been breeding for 15 years to get down to such a small size. [​IMG]

What do you think the black pair are?

4. geweldig23

geweldig23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2010
    Ohio
    They are probably old english bantams as well, just some sort of color mix. Did you get those from the same person? Maybe they were some of the offspring of some of the birds they used to get down to size. They look to be good bb reds though(the non black ones) if you dubbed them, you might be able to show them. I'm not an old english expert though. [​IMG]

5. MiMis_Place

Mar 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    NO, I got these from my brother who was raising several different breeds. He lives in town and they were making him downsize, so he gave me the black pair. He told me what they are but I"ve forgotten. He said this way when he gets moved into the country he can get a start off of them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by