5 Blue Wyandotte Hens Grass Valley, California

chickee

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 20, 2010
Sierra foothills, California
5 lovely 1 year old Blue Wyandotte hens. Big, fluffy, calm, tame, very spoiled and healthy. Reliable layers of a medium, pretty, golden brown egg. I just have too many chickens and too little space to keep everybody. $15.00 each and would prefer they are all sold together. For local pick-up in Grass Valley, (Northern) California. If you would like a rooster to go with them, I have a free Black Wyandotte x Silver Laced Wyandotte, 6 mo old rooster who is a total gentle, tame sweetheart!
54909_blrw_plus3.jpg
54909_p1020637.jpg

54909_p1020683.jpg

Where did you get them? Have you had any go broody?

I'm full at the moment, but I am in the process of building a new coop. Maybe when I'm done, if you still have some of them left, I could take them.

Quote:
I ordered them through Echo Valley Farm store in Auburn, and they got them from Privett Hatchery for me. For Hatchery birds they are surprisingly good quality. Yes, some of them are very broody! in fact one has been sitting in the nest box for weeks and weeks!! I would be happy to see them go to a chicken loving BYC member!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Just so you know, the 2 broody ones are the darker, more charcoal blue hens. If you are sure you want them and your coop will be done soon, I don't mind holding them for you
smile.png

Quote:
Just so you know, the 2 broody ones are the darker, more charcoal blue hens. If you are sure you want them and your coop will be done soon, I don't mind holding them for you
smile.png

Soon.
lau.gif

I'm trying my hardest. The husband is making me build it. Although he's going to help with siding, trim and setting the windows this weekend. I'm hoping to have it done around the end of August. The darker color doesn't matter to me. I love blue and want broodies!

Here's where it's at now:
IMG_3065.jpg

If you are able to hold onto them for me, then I'd gladly take the 2 broody ones. If you can't, then I understand. If by some chance you end up with someone that wants 2 and you only have the 3 left, I'll take the 3 so you don't have a loner girl all by herself.

ETA: I'm in Colfax, so not far from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, your doing that chicken house yourself!? Good job!
thumbsup.gif
I've been trying to get my husband to build me a new BIG chicken barn, but we have been totally re-modeling our house and he just doesn't have the time this year~ hense the reason I need to cut down on my flock size!
sad.png
Wyandottes are big and fluffy and I added 9 ~16 wk old BLRW's into the big girls house and there is so little room that I have to help some of the chickens onto the roost at night
hmm.png
I still have 11 more chicks, plus eggs in the incubator to eventually fit into the mix, although I'm going to be finding homes for a lot of the chicks that are roosters. I'll hold the two dark hens for you because I want them to go to a good, safe home. PM me when your ready for them
big_smile.png

Quote:
I thought the landscape around your chicken house looked familiar! My dentist is in Colfax so I'm up there every 6 months! Another BYC member in Penn Valley is taking three of my hens (Wyandotte cross, Partridge Rock and a BLRW pullet) this Sunday. If I end up with one extra BW and you can take her that would be great! If you need a rooster I have some really pretty ones!

Back
Top Bottom