5 boys? 7 Week Cochins

tallyho

Songster
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Do you see 5 boys? They are about 7 weeks old. Cochins and 1 marans. These are the ones with the largest combs. The blue one is so slow to feather out. I have rehomes for them but I just want to make sure. One of the Gold laced might stay. The cochins are super-sweet but that marans...I'll be glad when he's gone.

66241_rainchickens_038.jpg

All boys. Are they bantam or LF? I have to tell you, of all the breeds I've kept- cochins (especially LF) are the easiest to have more than one rooster. They are such a docile breed. Banty cochin roos can be little demons to people sometimes though. Napoleon syndrome
tongue.png

Quote:
Thanks everyone. The combs were obviously much more boy-ish. I had a great hatch rate but it was a load of boys, 6 to 3! I want to keep one of the boys so now I have to decide who.

Quote:
Ain't that the truth! My smallest MF cochin roo thinks he is a HUGE roo and would love to get into everyone's business. Little does he know, he only is a feather weight
lol.png
no honestly, I think he weighs what just the feathers on my Orpington roo weigh.
smile.png

I agree, 5 strapping young cockerels.

Quote:
Ain't that the truth! My smallest MF cochin roo thinks he is a HUGE roo and would love to get into everyone's business. Little does he know, he only is a feather weight
lol.png
no honestly, I think he weighs what just the feathers on my Orpington roo weigh.
smile.png

I agree, 5 strapping young cockerels.

Gotta love those little tough guys! I have one of those too that I will try to keep. These handsome fellers are LF. So far very docile with cute personalities...except that dang marans. Like I said he's outta here ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom