1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 boys? 7 Week Cochins

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tallyho, Jan 16, 2011.

1. tallyho

tallyho Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Do you see 5 boys? They are about 7 weeks old. Cochins and 1 marans. These are the ones with the largest combs. The blue one is so slow to feather out. I have rehomes for them but I just want to make sure. One of the Gold laced might stay. The cochins are super-sweet but that marans...I'll be glad when he's gone.

[​IMG]

2. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you're dead on. All look like roos to me too!

3. amydurose

amydurose Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    England
    Quote:x2

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    All boys. Are they bantam or LF? I have to tell you, of all the breeds I've kept- cochins (especially LF) are the easiest to have more than one rooster. They are such a docile breed. Banty cochin roos can be little demons to people sometimes though. Napoleon syndrome [​IMG]

5. tallyho

Aug 24, 2010
    Quote:Thanks everyone. The combs were obviously much more boy-ish. I had a great hatch rate but it was a load of boys, 6 to 3! I want to keep one of the boys so now I have to decide who.

6. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:Ain't that the truth! My smallest MF cochin roo thinks he is a HUGE roo and would love to get into everyone's business. Little does he know, he only is a feather weight [​IMG] no honestly, I think he weighs what just the feathers on my Orpington roo weigh. [​IMG]

I agree, 5 strapping young cockerels.

7. tallyho

Aug 24, 2010
    Quote:Ain't that the truth! My smallest MF cochin roo thinks he is a HUGE roo and would love to get into everyone's business. Little does he know, he only is a feather weight [​IMG] no honestly, I think he weighs what just the feathers on my Orpington roo weigh. [​IMG]

I agree, 5 strapping young cockerels.

Gotta love those little tough guys! I have one of those too that I will try to keep. These handsome fellers are LF. So far very docile with cute personalities...except that dang marans. Like I said he's outta here ASAP!

8. clyde_97

clyde_97 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    All boys.

9. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

yep, boys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by