5 Chickens Need A New Home, Freeeeee! Fort Lauderdale, Fl

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HOUDINI1961, Jun 16, 2011.

1. HOUDINI1961

HOUDINI1961 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    FLORIDA
    Hi, I have 5 chickens that need a new home. They have been through some foster families already and need a permanent home.

I can't find a place to list FREE chickens so I set up this dummy auction.

The chickens are not laying eggs but I believe are of age to do so. It is crowded where they are now so I'm sure they won't lay eggs until they have a more steady environment.

I don't know what kind they are but they are adorable.

The chickens grew up together and must stay together so you must want all 5.

Also these chickens are NOT meant for food, but for a caring family who wants chickens.

I don't trust Craigslist so I put them on here. I've heard people on Craigslist are just looking for free food!

Please email me at [email protected].

You must be near the Fort Lauderdale area to pick them up, they cannot be shipped.

Thanks!

Michael

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    Pretty birds [​IMG] I'm guessing these are Amberlinks or Red Sex-Links... the sad part is, if I had to guess... these are all boys... Anyone else have any thoughts?

3. HOUDINI1961

Jul 17, 2010
    FLORIDA
    I was told they were all hens. Why do you think they are roosters?

Thanks.

4. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    I had one last year that looked just like them... any idea the age? They have an awfully red (and large) comb for being this years pullets... but just my hunch, I'm certainly not a chicken expert, just a chicken lover [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    They do look like roosters, they also have the color that most golden comet (red sexlink) roosters have. I hope you can find them some good homes.

6. HOUDINI1961

Jul 17, 2010
    FLORIDA
    Hi, I was told they are around 5 months old, in the range of egg-laying. I guess I will have to investigate more to see if they are roosters since two people on here think they are roosters. I have 2 roosters of my own and also have been around roosters. These 5 don't act like roosters at all. They are more skittish but that could be because they have been moved around so much.

I really hope they are not roosters as they are just about impossible to place.

Are there any more signs of being a rooster? I mean I really don't want to search for their yahoos!

Thanks.

Michael

You know the more I think about it, the people who had these got them for laying eggs and then their neighbors got them in trouble and they had to relocate the chickens.

7. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    They look like RSL cockerels to me, too. The red coloring over the shoulders and long pointy skinny hackle (neck) feathers point to roos. You should be able to see pointy saddle feathers coming in right in front of the tail. I wish you the best of luck finding them homes.

8. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    They are all roosters, if they were all hens nobody would be relocating them anywhere especially not for free anyway [​IMG]

9. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Yep all boys.....

10. HOUDINI1961

Jul 17, 2010
    FLORIDA
    WOW, thanks everyone.

I honestly did not know they were roosters. I was giving them away free not because they were roosters but because they needed a new permanent home not a temporary one. And I don't have room for 5 more chickens.

Now I'm very sad because no ones wants roosters. I have two now, one died and they are so cool. They all have their own personalities like a cat or dog.

It's a shame society hates them so, pretty much kills them at birth. Then again, maybe it's better being dead, than being an abused and tortured chicken in one of those "cage-free" slaughterhouses.

I love my roosters, I cuddle with them and they nuzzle in and close their eyes, very loving.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by