5 day old chick with foamy orange poop

AceSierra

Songster
Jun 2, 2020
my 5 day old white silky chick has orange foamy poop almost like coca cola foam. I got her or him just yesterday and noticed his or her poop was foamy today and I'm worried. I feed her medicated feed and vitamin water. I keep her alone in a big 80 gallon tank since I hot her on pine Aspen shavings. Shes behaving normally running around and energetic shes not just sitting there looking sick

It could be just a transient thing from the stress of coming to a new home. Keep an eye on her behavior, and as long as she's active and hungry and drinking, try not to worry.

If she begins to get lethargic, and the poop remains the same as it is now, have Corid on hand to start her on it immediately.

It could be just a transient thing from the stress of coming to a new home. Keep an eye on her behavior, and as long as she's active and hungry and drinking, try not to worry.

If she begins to get lethargic, and the poop remains the same as it is now, have Corid on hand to start her on it immediately.
shes having normal poop now and she only had weird poop twice I'd she does continue to have it I give her corid? what is corid?

Is she eating and drinking normally? Do you have a heat source? Could she be stressed because she is alone? Are you getting more chicks? Poop pictures may be helpful.
shes eating a drinking (more like hogging down food she sits in her food bowl lol) I do have a big old heat lamp and plenty of space for her to go incase she gets hot. can chicks get stesssed if there alone? I'm with her all day because its summer and carona and I have another 2 y old chicken. There both indoor at night and go outside when the weather is good. well except the chick because she gets cold easily.

shes eating a drinking (more like hogging down food she sits in her food bowl lol) I do have a big old heat lamp and plenty of space for her to go incase she gets hot. can chicks get stesssed if there alone? I'm with her all day because its summer and carona and I have another 2 y old chicken. There both indoor at night and go outside when the weather is good. well except the chick because she gets cold easily.
3913.jpeg

You probably won't be needing Corid. Are you in the USA? It might be called something different were you are. It's for treating coccidiosis, a parasite in the soil. It can cause lethargy and bloody stools and Corid kills the parasites.

Your chick sure is a cutie.

It sounds like your chick is fine. Glad to hear that she is eating. It probably doesn’t need the Corid (amprollium) medication for treating coccidiosis. She is a bit young for that, since it affects chicks 3-6 weeks more commonly. But if you see lethargy, diarrhea, standing puffed up, and not eating, those are symptoms of coccidiosis.

It sounds like your chick is fine. Glad to hear that she is eating. It probably doesn’t need the Corid (amprollium) medication for treating coccidiosis. She is a bit young for that, since it affects chicks 3-6 weeks more commonly. But if you see lethargy, diarrhea, standing puffed up, and not eating, those are symptoms of coccidiosis.
thank you. shes also sneezing alot is that something I should be concerned about

You probably won't be needing Corid. Are you in the USA? It might be called something different were you are. It's for treating coccidiosis, a parasite in the soil. It can cause lethargy and bloody stools and Corid kills the parasites.

Your chick sure is a cutie.
thank you lol. yeah I'm in the us shes still having foamy bubbly orange poops every now and then

Back
Top Bottom