5 different breeds and no clue

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kvmommy, Jan 31, 2011.

1. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    So I bought a 24 assortment of eggs, 2 of each breed. 5 hatched and I have 1 EE, 1 Wheaten Pendescena. 1 White Emporrdanesa, 1 Welsummer, 1 Light Sussex. If they are pullets, will these breeds live ok together? I have never raised chickens before and didn't realize that some breeds don't particularly go well together. And what are some good ways to get rid of the roo's?

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I don't think chickens are particularly discriminating in their behavior toward other breeds, especially if they are raised together. Have fun and show us pictures! [​IMG]

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yes, they will do well together.

I must say, you have the BEST little bunch of breeds I've ever heard of for a first timer! Some of those are very rare, and they'll all give some very neat egg colors. [​IMG]

If you get extra roosters you don't want, you can always give them away. I'm sure there's someone who will want any one of those breeds you listed. [​IMG]

4. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Here is everyone at 1 day old except for the welsummer. She had to be assisted out after a day and a half. Then her leg was messed up so she was splinted. Shes much better now...oops and i meant partridge pendescena! LOL I'm tempted to get more from the ebayer I bought from, her assortmemt was great and its fun not knowing what you'll get until they arrive. I had a few problems, so i'm lucky any hatched!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by