5 Ducks in need of rescue, Boardman Oregon - UPDATE PG2

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    My parents are the managers of an RV park in Boardman, Oregon, which if you don't know is just a little of Pendleton right on I-84....anyway, these 5 ducks showed up at their property last week, and are in need of a rescue home. The owner is known, and refuses to come pick up his ducks. Right now it is assumed that he "turned them out" or just dumped them. Animal control will not pick up the ducks, saying that they have no place to put them. There is no body of water at the park, and my parents do not have the first clue about feeding / wintering ducks, and honestly do not have the funds to feed them a proper diet, I think that everyone at the park right now is throwing out scraps for them, and they have lots of grass, and any bugs they can find, but it is really cold there right now, so they are not plentiful.

If you can help, or know someone in the area we could try to contact, I'd really appreciate it! (I am about 3 hours away, and have not been able to get over there to check them out myself).

[​IMG]

Sorry the pic is so small, she can only take a pic with her phone...they are black and white, one is all black.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Yes! Thank you! I will be checking over that thread to see if I can find something closer to them than the Oakland, OR place (that's probably about a 5-6 + hour drive)...Thanks so much!! [​IMG]

3. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

4. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    How is it going with finding a home for the 5 ducks????
    The owner who abandoned them needs to be drop kicked. Poor babies.

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Not too well I'm afraid. I left a message for a farm animal rescue, and haven't heard back. I have one other number to try that I haven't had a chance to yet, I'll have to give it a go tomorrow...

Wholeheartedly agree on the dropkicking...with pointy, steel toed boots! [​IMG]

6. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    How are the ducks?

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    As far as I know they are ok for now...my mom just isn't sure how long they are going to be ok in their cold weather without the proper feed...

8. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    You know they say serial killers always start off by bein cruel to animals. It's the first sign of a psychopath.
    Wanting to drop kick psychopaths however means you are a well rounded, nice person, probably good looking and intelligent who should be allowed to drop kick away any evil crudsucker who even thinks about doin this kind of thing to such nice little people who jus wanna safe place to live. Poor babies. I'm gonna be in America visitin family in a month, you think they'd all fit in my hand luggage?

9. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    what are they eating now? If you have any left over veggies, greens, fruits, etc. you can give them some... Corn is especially good right now for energy during the cold months. If you have anything you can give them to use as a shelter, it will help... (like an old rubbermaid tote turned on it's side). You can also give them some dog food.

I know some people who might be able to help. Have you posted at the Pet Ducks R Us yahoo group yet? here is a link-

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/petducksrus/

Though you will probably have to sign up to post. I'm not a member so i can't post either. I did leave a message with a few friends who might know someone who can help...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by