1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 dumped geese- what kind? (pictures)

Discussion in 'Geese' started by DurhamDuck, Nov 13, 2011.

1. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    Edit: They weren't there, but it turns out those pictures are from last winter, not this winter so not surprising. Still, are these pure or mixed breed geese? (PS: I did see what I think was a Khaki Campbell drake, though- why do people get animals if they can't take care of them!? [​IMG] )

-------

My grandfather likes to take photos and he got some of 5 domestic geese at a resevoir- along with Canada geese, swans, mallards, and sea gulls. Four of them look similiar- he said they look like ours (American Buffs) and they do look similiar, but I just don't know. [​IMG] The other is mostly white with dark color on his back. I think someone dumped them- not able/willing to pay for them over the winter. [​IMG] I'm going to go over there later today; hopefully they're still there. Meanwhile here's a picture (I have more, but the computer's slow so I'll upload them later). What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:They are domesticated geese. Are you going to take them home? [​IMG]

3. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi the greys look like Toulouse x African or Toulouse x Chinese as they appear to have a darker neck stripe. The Pied looks like a West of England Goose! At least they appear healthy and in good physical condition.

Pete [​IMG]

4. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    Thanks for the info [​IMG]
    I hope someone took them in. [​IMG] I hardly ever hear about anyone in my area owning geese. I wonder where they came from. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They're very cute [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Okay so they were there last winter. Well we can hope that someone rescued them. They are very pretty

6. J's Orpingtons

J's Orpingtons Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2011
    Somewhere in NI...
    Yeah there domesictaed geese hope someone has brought em home,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by