5 free cockerels - 5 weeks old- save them from the crazy people on craigslist

MontanaChickDoc

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 2, 2016
central Virginia
I have 2 black banty roolets, 1 Dominique and 2 Silver laced wyandotte cockerels that are coming on 6 weeks old. I tried to post them free on Craigslist - one guy wanted them as target practice for his new crossbow. I'm not kidding. I don't mind if they get eaten but
I don't want them tortured I am in Ruckersville VA. Thank you!

That's sickening. I would love to take them but I have two other roos, and one is the 'Alpha' rooster. Plus I'm too far away. Best of luck to you. Hope they find a wonderful home where they aren't used as target practice.

No, it's the crowing. My husband can't stand it. We have one bantam Cochin roo named Snugglebud (because he was a cuddlier when he was a baby - my 4 year old named him) and the only reason he's allowed to stay is because he's ridiculously cute and a very good boy. We had a pair of polish Roos that crowed ALL the TIME. My husband had that " it's them or me" look in his eye :( so off they went. He's so wonderful about everything else chicken related that I had to do it.

You will get crazy people wanting them on craigslist by offering them for free. If you charge something, at least $10.00 each, your chances of finding a good home will be better.

Back
Top Bottom