5 hens, 1 roo, and 3 drakes need new home- SOLUTION FOUND! :)

christyb

In the Brooder
12 Years
Feb 22, 2007
North Carolina
This is really hard for me to do, but I've got to do it none-the-less...

1 naked neck hen, 1 RIR hen, 2 SLW hens, 1 unknown breed white egg layer, and 1 naked neck roo along with 2 pekin and 1 khaki campbell drakes need a new home.

I would really like to see them all go together(chooks and ducks)but if not the chicken flock MUST stay together and the 3 drakes MUST stay together.

The drakes can not be left out with the chickens unsupervised because they are rather ugly to them. They are all 3 years old along with the unknown black hen and were raised together. The rest of the birds are 2 years old.

All of the hens are SUPER layers (never less than 2 - 4 eggs a day 6 days a week) and every bird has a great personality and is friendly, with the exception of Wee, the roo, who is some times a bit of a jerk. I know that a lot of people wouldn't put up with a mean roo, but Pee Wee was hand raised(literally) by me because he hatched too early and he is very special, mean or not. He really does look after his hens and is a funny guy when you get to know him.

They are all free range birds and I supplement with a 16% grower/finisher pellet as the crumbles tend to get wasted and are more expensive.

The drakes are rather cheeky fellows but have TONS of personality and are QUICK learners. They do know what NO means and I have taught them to go to the barn and their pen on command. They don't have a pond but instead swim in a large kiddie pool and dabble in a little stream and LOVE it!

None of my birds were ever really 'lap' birds that you can just go and pick up or pet, but Chick Chick the black hen will take a mind to perch on my knee every now and then and they all LOVE to share oatmeal cookies and rice chexs with you. The ducks love grapes and baby spinach leaves. All of them will eat out of your hand once they trust you.

I have photos of every one and would really REALLY like to find them a super duper pet home like yesterday. I am moving soon and can't take them with me unfortunately. It breaks my heart, but I am hoping the right person will come along to care for them.

I live in Statesville, NC and am willing to meet someone halfway within a 50 miles and I also travel to Albemarle, NC often and can drop them off on my way if you live anywhere in my general direction (70 and US 52).

Please EMAIL ME PERSONALLY as I probably won't be able to check back to this board. CHICKEN_HEARTED @ BELLSOUTH.NET

Sorry for such a long post, they're just important to me and I want them to get the best home possible.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ah, Cristy, you make me wish I were still on the east coast.....

I love nakey necks and drakes....

Quote:
Oh bummer!
smile.png

I've worked some things around and am going to be able to keep my feathered kids after all! Thanks to everyone who volunteered to give them a new home, I really appreciate your interest.

Back
Top Bottom